Whether you need a little help improving an area that’s just not going right, you don’t know where to start with a new initiative, or you’re just starting up your nonprofit, we can help. We merge our many years of experience in the business sector with over a decade of helping nonprofits succeed.
example nonprofit services
- Strategic planning, mission alignment and MOEs
- Program evaluation
- Board development
- Process improvement and best practices
- Governing documents development / revision, including bylaws and board / financial / personnel / administrative policies
- Volunteer management
- Grant writing
- Government contract proposal management and writing
- Project management
example museum services
- Museum mission, vision and focus
- Museum design and layout
- Collections Management policies and procedures
- Cataloging procedures and systems, including donation forms
- Docent program development, process and procedures
- Project management
- Educational signage and artifact labeling standards
- Artifact storage approach, process and procedures
- Exhibit development
- Best practices, templates and spreadsheets
Contact us today for more details, to get a free quote on our services or to schedule a meeting.
nonprofit & museum experience
- Development of a strategic plan for the American Red Cross of Brevard County, Florida.
- Development of components of the strategic plan for Mentoring in Medicine (MIM).
- Development of a strategic planning process for a Virginia-based women’s health and birthing center.
- Evaluation of the MIM high school health care education program for the National Library of Medicine.
- Development of a process for expanding the scope of the MIM program in New York City.
- Creation or modification of all Board Policies, Financial Policies, and Administrative / Personnel Policies for Keep Brevard Beautiful (KBB).
- Development of policies and procedures for the Brevard Veterans Memorial Center (VMC).
- Development of the first annual budget and financial tracking processes for the VMC.
- Creation and execution of the first volunteer management program at the VMC.
- Creation of proposals and advising on contracts to government agencies for KBB.
- Writing of grant proposals for the VMC.
- Redesign and implementation of a new website for VMC.
- Provided guidance to the board on nonprofit best practices for KBB and VMC, as well as serving on the board.
Management of the 6,000 sq. ft. military museum at the VMC:
- Created the museum mission statement and wrote the Collections Policy.
- Selected and implemented the artifact cataloging and tracking system and processes, then cataloged over 7,000 items.
- Designed the interface and information required to manage membership, donors, library, and archives in addition to artifacts.
- Developed the vision, design and layout for a new 6,000 Sq. ft. museum. Selected and purchased new display cases.
- Developed and implemented a project plan to move artifacts from the old museum and storage into the new museum coordinating the efforts of dozens of volunteers.
- Researched and created educational signage and artifact labels.
- Developed the docent program, including onboarding/training, scheduling, communicating, and recognition.
- President of the Museums of Brevard, an informal confederation of museums and historic sites, designed to advertise and promote each others facilities; share activity information and coordinate upcoming events; share best practices and lessons learned in museum administration and management, including fundraising, grant writing and collections management; and assist other members with special requests